Top 5 Internet Search Tricks
Do you ever feel like your search isn’t returning the results you are looking for? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Below are a few tips for improving your search results.
1. Use quotations marks to search for exact phrases. One of the best ways to limit page returns is to use quotation marks around a phrase.
2. Drop the suffixes. Enter the base word so that you don’t exclude relevant pages. For example, “router” and not “routers”.
3. Search engines are not case sensitive. You might think capitalizing your key word(s) will return better results, but think again. Search engines are not case sensitive so there will be no difference in the results.
4. Use the minus (-) operator to narrow the search. Terms with multiple meanings can return a lot of unwanted results. The minus operator can aid in removing unwanted results.
5. Find related pages with similar content by typing “related:” followed by the website address.
About Webpass, Inc.
Founded in San Francisco in 2003, Webpass is revolutionizing what customers can expect from their ISP. We are now part of Google Fiber thanks to our leading-edge approach. We pride ourselves on delivering simple Internet service designed around the needs of our customers. Unlike our competitors, we own and operate our Ethernet network, eliminating dependence on phone and cable companies. This successful formula has helped us quickly become one of the fastest Internet providers around. We offer business Internet connections from 10 - 1000 Mbps and residential Internet connections from 100 Mbps - 1 Gig. Webpass currently operates in the major urban markets of San Francisco, Oakland, San Diego, Miami, Chicago, Boston, and Denver. You can sign up for residential services, or contact our sales team for business service.