Hello new friend!
Thanks for using Google Fiber Webpass!
We've put together this handy guide to get you started and help with common questions about our service.
1. Find the data jack installed on your wall.
2. Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the data jack and the other end into your device for instant access to internet. No other equipment needed.
1. Find the data jack installed on your wall.
2. Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the data jack and the other end into the Ethernet port on the Ethernet adapter.
3. Plug the other end of the Ethernet adapter into the port on your device for instant access to internet.
1. Plug an Ethernet cable into the data jack and the router port labeled “WAN” or “INTERNET.”
2. Refer to your router’s use manual for how to connect wirelessly to your device.
Look for a router with these basic features:
Dual band (or higher)
Gigabit Ethernet ports
Finding the right router for you depends on a few factors, like the number of connected devices, how you plan to use the network, the size and layout of your home, and your budget.
For more info on WiFi routers, please visit our FAQ page.
Click the Account Settings link on the left side of your customer portal dashboard to:
· update your account contact details and/or login password
· move, transfer, or disconnect your service
Click the billing link on the left side of your customer portal dashboard to view your account balance, billing history, and detailed statements.
The fastest and easiest way to pay your bill is online. You have two credit card payment options:
One-time payment: make a single payment toward your account balance.
1. Click the One-Time Payment button.
2. Enter the amount of the payment you would like to make and your credit card info.
Autopay: Pay your bill automatically on your billing date. (You can also stop your automatic payments or change your autopay billing info here.)
1. Click the Set up/Change AutoPay button.
2. Enter the info of the credit card you’d like to use as recurring payment.
If you’d rather pay by phone, call us to speak to a helpful human who will guide you through the process.
Right after your installation, we’ll email your ﬁrst bill to the email address you used to sign up for Google Fiber Webpass service. From there on out, you’ll get a bill every month, same place, same time (i.e., in your email on the same day of the month as your installation date). To see your billing info and history, visit the Billing page in your customer portal.
Google Fiber Webpass is proud to be paper free!
We only send bills to your inbox, not your mailbox. And while no trees are harmed in the sending of your bills, sometimes emails get lost. Make sure you have the right email address on your Google Fiber Webpass account and check it regularly—including your spam folder.
1. Make sure the Ethernet cable is plugged firmly into both the data jack & your device.
2. Visit your customer portal at webpass.net and check the network status for an outage.
3. Restart your device.
4. Try to access the internet from another device to see if the problem is with your device or the network.
1. Restart your device.
2. Close any apps that are running & disconnect all other devices from the network.
3. Make sure your operating system, web applications, and web browser are all up to date.
4. Run a scan for spyware, viruses, and malware.
5. Clear your browser’s cache and/or cookies. Visit your browser’s support site to learn how to do this.
6. Try using a different web browser.
Always check your wired connections before troubleshooting WiFi issues. If you’re still having WiFi woes, try these common ﬁxes:
1. Make sure the Ethernet cable is ﬁrmly connected to both the data jack and the “WAN” or “INTERNET” port on your router.
2. Unplug your router, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in. Give it a few minutes to start up and reconnect before checking your connection again.
3. Conﬁrm your router can support our super fast speeds and its ﬁrmware is up to date. Refer to your router’s user manual for how to check this info.
4. Place your router in the best spot for the signal to reach your device—usually the center of your home, away from walls, on a higher surface, like a desk or bookshelf.
If all else fails, please contact the router manufacturer directly for support.
(As much as we’d love to help, we can only control the Ethernet connection to your Google Fiber Webpass jack, not the signal between the WiFi router and your device.)
Visit your customer portal & click the Support link on the left side of your dashboard page. After you’ve submitted a ticket, you can also track the status of your issue here.
Or contact support directly:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us:
San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Chicago, Denver or Miami
Austin or Nashville