Effective until: 2020-09-17
For our customers in the U.S.
Thank you for being a Google Fiber Webpass customer. Google Fiber Webpass is the brand through which we bring you products and services (“Services”). Webpass Inc. (and/or any one of its affiliates, collectively “Webpass”) is the entity that brings you those Services. Webpass Inc. is located at 267 8th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, United States.
If you are a California resident, please see the "California consumer privacy rights" section below.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide you with our services, to bill you, and to communicate with you, among other uses. We collect information from the following sources:
Information you give us
When you sign up for or purchase a service from Webpass, you may provide us with certain personal information, including identifiers and commercial information such as your name, email address, home or service address, telephone number, bank account information, or credit or debit card information. In addition, when you contact us, we may keep a record of your communication.
Information we get from your use of our services and website
We collect certain information when we install, configure, troubleshoot, or update your services and when you otherwise use our services and website. This information may include the following
- Device Information: We may collect device-specific information such as your hardware model, operating system version and unique device identifiers for your devices (e.g., your computer, network hardware, etc.). Webpass may associate your device information with your account.
- Log Information: When you use our services or view content provided by us, we may collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as details of how you used our service), and identifiers such as your IP address, and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Location Information: When you use the Services, we may collect and process precise and approximate geolocation information. We use various technologies to determine location, including identifiers such as IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Webpass with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique Application Numbers: Certain services include identifiers such as a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Webpass when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local Storage: We may collect and store Internet or other electronic network activity information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies: We and our affiliates and service providers use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit the Google Fiber Webpass website, and this may include using identifiers such as cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store Internet or other electronic network activity information when you interact with services we offer to our business partners. As a Google-branded affiliate, we use Google Analytics, which helps businesses and site owners analyze the traffic to their websites and apps, and Google ads products and services to help market our services. Google Analytics information is linked, by the Google Analytics customer or by Google, using Google technology, with information about visits to multiple sites.
Information we get from outside sources
We may also obtain identifiers, inferences, demographic and other information about our current or prospective Google Fiber Webpass users from outside sources for marketing purposes (such as publically or commercially available demographic, geographic, address or interest information).
How we use information we collect
We may also use your contact information, including your email and home address, to contact you for other business and commercial purposes, including to respond to your inquiries, to provide you with troubleshooting and maintenance services, and to inform you about services and products, such as letting you know about upcoming changes, programs, and improvements.
Transparency and choice
You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that some of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Information we share
We do not share your personal information with other companies, organizations and individuals outside of Webpass and its commonly-branded affiliates (including Google Fiber and other Google-branded affiliates) unless one of the following business or commercial purpose applies:
With your consent.
We will share your personal information with other companies, organizations or individuals when we have your consent to do so.
For external processing.
For legal reasons.
We will share personal information with other companies, organizations, or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; or
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Webpass, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may also share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We do not share your personal information with third parties outside of Webpass and our commonly branded affiliates (including Google Fiber, or other Google-branded affiliates) for their direct marketing purposes.
California consumer privacy rights
If you are a California resident, this section provides information about your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA”. Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides rights to California consumers to have notice about the collection and use of their personal information, request access to their personal information (including how we use and disclose that information), request deletion of their personal information, request to opt out of the “sale” of personal information (where applicable), and to not be discriminated against for exercising their rights.
Webpass does not sell your personal information (and will not sell it without providing a right to opt out).
Beginning January 1, 2020, if you are a California resident, you can request access to categories or specific pieces of information collected, used and disclosed by Webpass, or request deletion of your personal information, by calling 1-800-WEBPASS or clicking here. The online form details the pieces of information needed to verify your identity. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our practices, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Please note, if you are looking to make a request for access or deletion for other Google products or related to Google Fiber services outside of Webpass, please see the following resources: