Effective Date: 2019-08-03
For our customers in the U.S.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide you with our services, to bill you, and to communicate with you, among other uses. We collect information in the following ways
Information you give us
When you sign up for or purchase a service from Webpass, you may provide us with certain personal information, including but not limited to, your name, email address, home or service address, telephone number, bank account information, or credit or debit card information.
Information we get from your use of our services and website
We collect certain information when we install, configure, troubleshoot, or update your services and when you otherwise use our services and website. This information may include the following
- Device Information: We may collect device-specific information such as your hardware model, operating system version and unique device identifiers for your devices (e.g., your computer, network hardware, etc.). Webpass may associate your device information with your account.
- Log Information: When you use our services or view content provided by us, we may collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes details of how you used our service, your IP address, and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Location Information: When you use the Webpass services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Webpass with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique Application Numbers: Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Webpass when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local Storage: We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies: We and our affiliates and business partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Webpass service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our business partners. We use Google Analytics, which helps businesses and site owners analyze the traffic to their websites and apps. Google Analytics information is linked, by the Google Analytics customer or by Google, using Google technology, with information about visits to multiple sites.
How we use information we collect
Transparency and choice
You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that some of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Information we share
We do not share your personal information with other companies, organizations and individuals outside of Webpass and its affiliates (including Google Fiber and other Google affiliates) unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent.
We will share your personal information with other companies, organizations or individuals outside of Webpass and its affiliates (including Google Fiber and other Google affiliates) when we have your consent to do so.
For external processing.
For legal reasons.
We will share personal information with other companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Webpass and its affiliates (including Google Fiber and other Google affiliates) if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; or
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Webpass, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.