Why isn’t my internet speed as fast as it should be?
With Webpass, you should be livin’ the stream, not suffering the buffering. So let’s get to the bottom of this.
First let’s make sure there aren’t any other reasons you might be seeing slower-than-expected speeds. Here are a few things to check:
- Your device is plugged directly into your Ethernet jack (i.e., you’re not on WiFi).
- No other applications are running.
- No other devices are connected.
- You aren’t using the network for anything else.
- You’ve cleared your browser’s cache and/or cookies.
- You’ve tried restarting your device.
Still not seeing those super fast speeds? Here are some of the most common factors that may be slowing you down:
- Connecting with WiFi: WiFi routers can be fickle, and there are a number of factors that can interfere with and slow down your connection. That’s why we always recommend plugging your device directly into your Webpass jack to get the fastest, most reliable speeds.
- WiFi Router: Our speeds are so fast, a lot of routers can’t handle them! So slow speeds could mean you need a WiFi router upgrade. To check whether you have the right type of WiFi router to give you the speed you need, see our tips on how to pick a WiFi router.
- Device: It could be your device that’s bringing you down. The age of your device (and type of hardware you use) can impact your upload and download speeds. An outdated operating system, web browser, or web application are some of the other usual suspects. If you want to live your best internet life, keep it all updated.
Tried all this and your wired connection is still giving you trouble? Let us know, and we’ll do our best to fix it ASAP! Email email@example.com or call 1-800-WEBPASS.